- Vegetable Acreage Loss insurance provides commercial vegetable growers with coverage for total loss of any acreage of a vegetable crop due to natural perils.
- Commercial vegetable producers who have planted a minimum of 0.5 acres of an eligible vegetable crop are eligible.
- Eligible vegetable crops include:
- Sweet Corn
- Cooking Onions
- Other Onions
- Winter Squash
- Vegetables must be adequately irrigated.
- Qualifying acreages can only be insured under the Vegetable Acreage Loss program or AgriInsurance (not both).
- Landlords are not eligible.
- March 31 is the last day to apply for Vegetable Acreage Loss Insurance, make changes (add or delete crops and change coverage levels) or to cancel AgriInsurance.
- Crops seeded during the extended coverage direct seeding period will have coverage reduced by 20 per cent.
- The grade guarantee is ''.
- An early loss indemnity of per cent of coverage applies for destroyed crops until the end of the extended coverage direct seeding deadline for reduced coverage.
- In the event of an early loss indemnity, insurance continues if the acreage is subsequently planted to the same vegetable crop, but is reduced by the amount of the indemnity paid for early loss.
- Alternatively, coverage of the original crop ceases if the affected acreage is planted to a different crop, and a new premium is due, with the applicable coverage available on the subsequent crop.