- Winter wheat insurance provides financial assistance to winter wheat growers when they experience a significant production shortfall.
- Winter wheat is not eligible for Stage 1 coverage. It is still eligible for the 25 per cent reseeding benefit.
- Winter wheat is eligible for a Stage 2 UH indemnity if damage occurs prior to June 20 of the crop year following the year of planting, and you were unable to destroy or reseed due to excess moisture.
- Winter wheat that establishes and suffers an insurable loss after June 20 is eligible for a Stage 2UH or Post Harvest claim.
- If winter wheat is overseeded, no indemnity is payable for the damaged winter wheat. The resulting crop may be insured as Other Spring Wheat or Mixed Grain.
- Winter wheat can be insured at , , or per cent coverage.
- Winter wheat planted from August 15 to September 25 will have full coverage.
- Winter wheat planted from September 26 to September 30 will have coverage reduced by 20 per cent.