- The Young Farmer Crop Plan Credit assists young and beginning farmers with AgriInsurance costs, while ensuring their crop production decisions are based on sound agronomic practices and their own cost of production information.
- Young farmers (18-39 years of age) must be first-time applicants for an AgriInsurance contract.
- The applicant must also complete an application for the Young Farmer Crop Plan Credit by March 31.
- The producer must then prepare and implement a cropping plan that is approved by a Crop Production Extension Specialist (Manitoba Agriculture).
- The crop plan must be completed by May 31 to qualify for the credit.