- Hail insurance provides financial assistance to producers for losses to crops due to hail and/or accidental fire.
- Hail insurance is only available to AgriInsurance contract holders.
- All crops are eligible for hail and fire coverage, regardless of the variety grown or the seeding date.
- With some exceptions, coverage can be selected on part or all of the acres of a crop.
- Application can be made at any time and can be mailed, delivered in person, sent by fax, completed through myMASC, or made over the telephone by contacting MASC during normal business hours.
- Do not use voicemail or MASC drop off boxes for hail applications.
Other Program Details
- Insureds (including landlords) can select the Continuous Hail Insurance Option (CHIO) that provides coverage without having to apply each year.
- The AgriInsurance Individual Productivity Index (IPI) is automatically adjusted to include production losses under the Hail Insurance program.
- If a crop becomes non-viable, producers may request a Short Date Cancellation for the affected acreage and receive a premium refund.
- Prior to July 30, part or all of your Hail Insurance coverage may be cancelled through the Short Date Cancellation process, which prorates the amount of premium earned based on the date MASC is notified. This only applies for CHIO participants if the crop is destroyed.
- Basic premium rates are specific for each Risk Area and are adjusted based on loss experience. For crops that have a high or low loss experience, the premium rate may also be adjusted using a premium rate factor. These factors currently range from to of the basic rate.