The Farmland School Tax Rebate (FSTR) was implemented in 2004 to support the rural economy by providing Manitoba farmland owners with school tax relief.
Note: The deadline to apply for the 2022 rebate (and prior years) has now passed.
If you have not previously applied for a rebate, you must request a current-year application form. Please contact a if you would like a 2023 application form sent to you once they are available.
If you received a rebate in 2022, you will automatically receive a pre-filled 2023 application form later in the year.
Education Property Tax Rebate
- Even though you may have received a cheque for a portion of your school taxes, farm property owners must still apply for the Farmland School Tax Rebate if they wish to receive it.
- Farm property owners may be eligible for up to 50 per cent of school tax to a maximum of $3,125, between related parties.
- For more information on tax relief through the elimination of education property taxes:
- visit manitoba.ca/edupropertytax , or
- call the Manitoba Government inquiry line at 1-866-626-4862.