Stocker Loans are an important aspect of MASC’s direct lending. These loans assist producers by establishing short-term feeder livestock financing.
Stocker Loan Purposes
- Stocker Loans are available for the purchase of steer and heifer calves, feeder cows, and lambs.
- Loans can be used as a cash advance against the producer’s own feeder cattle or lambs (i.e. to retain calves or lambs to feed out).
- Funds are also available to producers to purchase unbred heifers to be bred and sold within a 12-month period.
- Loans cover up to 100 per cent of the livestock purchase price.
- Applicants must be Manitoba residents who are at least 18 years of age and Canadian citizens or have lawful permanent residence status.
- Applicants must personally operate the farm to which the loan applies.
- The farm must be considered potentially viable and meet security requirements.